- Fabio (former visiting scholar from Univ of Nottingham) got admitted to the prestigious fast track PhD program at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany). Well done, Fabio!
- Antonia gave a killer presentation at the Neurotrauma Research in Progress (NTRips). Great job, Antonia!
- Julia (former undergrad student) has been awarded a scholarship from the College of Arts and Sciences. Well done, Julia!
- Andrea joined the discussion @ American Medicine Today to talk about our research using commonly prescribed drugs that could help restore limb function after spinal cord injury.
- Antonia presented a poster at the 2020 Ohio TBI Summit. Well done, Antonia!
- Sidharth Iyer joins the lab. Welcome!
- Danielle Boyle started her rotation. Welcome!
- Our Pilot Award Application in collaboration with Dr. John Lannutti (Materials Science and Engineering) is funded by the Chronic Brain Injury Program. Exciting work about 'smart' drug delivery systems (SDDS) is on the way.
- Sky News, News Medical, Science Daily, Medical Express and The Columbus Dispatch covered our recent work on Gabapentinoid-mediated corticospinal plasticity and regeneration after murine spinal cord injury. To read more go to https://news.sky.com/story/drug-could-restore-limb-function-in-patients-with-spinal-cord-injuries-11877761 https://www.news-medical.net/news/20191204/Gabapentin-e28093-a-drug-for-nerve-pain-could-help-patients-with-spinal-injury-finds-study.aspx; https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/12/191204090851.htm https://www.dispatch.com/news/20191206/study-common-painkiller-might-help-people-with-spinal-injuries-regain-limb-function
- Our latest work still HOT off the press come out today, December 3, on The Journal of Clinical Investigation. https://jci.org/articles/view/130391
- Emily Caldwell wrote the press release of our latest work https://news.osu.edu/a-common-drug-could-help-restore-limb-function-after-spinal-cord-injury/
- The TEdSun Lab goes on Twitter! Follow us @ https://twitter.com/TedsunL
- Our review on Pericytes has been accepted for publication. Congrats Fabio and Julia! www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fncel.2019.00546/abstract
- Andrea gives a talk at University of Kentucky, Lexington
- Becca Biltz started her rotation. Welcome!
- A new manuscript is in press. Congrats everyone involved. More info soon.
- Toneisha Stubbs started her rotation. Welcome!
- Our collaborative work on ADF/Cofilin-mediated actin turnover and axon regeneration is in press @Neuron. Congrats everyone involved.
- NoA R21 ... exciting work related to Traumatic Brain Injury is on the way
- Submission open for the new Research Topic "Advances in CNS Repair, Regeneration, and Neuroplasticity: from Basic Mechanisms to Therapeutic Strategies" (Editors: Shuxin Li, Junfang Wu and Andrea Tedeschi). Participating Journal: Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience Cellular Neuropathology. To learn more go to https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/10909/advances-in-cns-repair-regeneration-and-neuroplasticity-from-basic-mechanisms-to-therapeutic-strateg
- Catherine (Lujia) Mo joins the Sun lab as a Research Assistant. Welcome!
- Dr. Conrad Kiyoshi joins the lab as Postdoctoral Researcher. Welcome!
- Andrea is featured in the Faculty Spotlight section of the CBI May Newsletter. To read more go to https://mailchi.mp/5c0c391cef62/cbi-may-newsletter?e=06144aca50
- The 2019 Spinal Cord Injury Training program is about to kick off here @ OSU To learn more go to wexnermedical.osu.edu/neurological-institute/departments-and-centers/research-centers/center-for-brain-and-spinal-cord-repair/spinal-cord-injury-training-program
- Andrea gives a talk at the Canadian SCI Research Meeting
- NoA R01 ... exciting work related to SCI is on the way
- Dr. Sun has been promoted to the rank of Assistant Professor (res. track). CONGRATS!
- Our review on the application of omics technologies to study axon regeneration and CNS repair is in press @F1000 Faculty Reviews
- Our collaborative work led by Dr. Brett Hilton describing high resolution 3D imaging and analysis of axon regeneration is in press @Nature Protocols.
- Julia Plebanski and Antonia Zouridakis join the lab. Welcome!
- TEd Lab hits SfN 2018 in San Diego.
- Molly has been awarded the Chauncey D. Leake Student Paper Competition Award. CONGRATS!
- Andrea gives a talk at the Tübingen Neuroscience Alumni Meeting (Tübingen, Germany).
- Fabio Laredo joins the lab. Welcome!
- Andrea gives a talk at the 2018 Spinal Research Network Meeting (London, UK).
- Our (VL, JKL, AT and YS) workshop on tissue clearing and light sheet microscopy was a success! To read more go to https://inrslsfm.weebly.com/
- Andrea gives a talk at the 2018 International Neural Regeneration Symposium in Guangzhou (China).
- Our book chapter entitled "Recent Developments in Regenerative Strategies to Treat Spinal Cord Injuries" is in press.
- Our lab participates in the Explorations in Neuroscience Summer Camp 2018 ... WTG! May 2018
- Andrea gives a talk at Case Western Reserve University.
- Dr. Wenjing Sun joins the Tedeschi/Sun lab. Welcome!
- Liam et al. presented a Virtual Reality Game for individuals with limited mobility at the annual Brain Health Summit. CONGRATS!
- Andrea gives talks at Marquette University and University of British Columbia
- Marina Romoli Onlus Foundation continues to sponsor our collaborative project with Dr. Jerry Silver at Case Western Reserve University. To read more go to http://www.marinaromolionlus.org/research-projects/prof-silver-and-dr-tedeschi/?lang=en
- Cure Girls rock! Click here to watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMTOj5uRWzU
- Amanda Huang started her rotation. Welcome!
- Andrea gives a talk at the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis.
- Liam Stalker and Alex Annett join the lab. Welcome!
- Kia J. Adams started her rotation. Welcome!
- Our collaborative work describing spinal cord injury-induced immunodeficiency is in press @Nature Neuroscience.
- The lab is awarded funding from Craig H. Neilsen Foundation.
- Andrea gives a talk at the Spinal Cord Injury Summit.
- Molly joins the lab as a Research Assistant. Welcome!
- Andrea gives a talk at the Winter Conference for Brain Research.
- Marina Romoli Onlus Foundation is sponsoring our collaborative project with Dr. Jerry Silver at Case Western Reserve University. To read more go to www.marinaromolionlus.org/?lang=en